Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 9 WOO HOO!!!

I am very familiar with YouTube, but due to the slowness of my home PC dial-up, I would still be sitting here next week loading a video !! From past viewings, there are some videos there that are not suitable for public library viewing so when kids are on it at work I will be watching more closely at what they are watching and giving out warnings!! But there are a few videos on there that are done by some local kids that are quite funny which I thought was pretty neat.
The podcasts were the same issue with the slow PC , so I'm looking forward to trying some out at work if I can sneak away and use our faster PCs. I did listen to the first podcast at the beginning of this adventure and and another way that podcasts could be useful would be for the handicapped .
I'm familiar with Project Gutenburg and have directed numerous patrons to that site for material that has been out of print or they can't get ahold of. One that I remember was Alice in Wonderland. It's a very useful site!!

No comments: