Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 6 -Things 13, 14, 15

Here I am.... Learning Learning Learning !! I went to Del.icio.us and I believe I will eventually become a member of that site and I would really like to dig in deeper to all it has to offer.
Technorati had my head spinning !! Again , I want to check it out deeper but in the quiet of my home and I may end up using it more for work then anything.
I read 2 perspectives on the Web 2.0 Library 2.0 and the future of libraries. In "To a Temporary Place in Time" I 100% agree that the library is not just in the community but we ARE the community. Just looking around at what happens at my branch on any given day tells me that we are a social networking community in the basic sense of the word. People meet, talk, interact with all age groups, fight & argue, kiss & make-up, help strangers, & give advice & direction, just to name a few. It's a great place for kids & a great place for adults and isnt that what a community is all about????? Someone once said a few years ago that Libraries will soon be "obsolete" employing only one person & one computer...........not on my watch !!!!!!!

No comments: